Coming back to reality means... getting a job.
And the BIGGEST job of all is finding one!
During my trip I've had a chance to really think about what I want to do with my career and where I want to take it. So this was my job wishlist...
1) It has to be in online marketing - not part offline & part online. My heart is definitely in digital.
2) Back in Ecommerce ideally in retail or travel. For those that don't know what this means... it's the buying/selling of goods or services online.
3) A job that offers the next steps - something more analytical & strategy based to path my way to becoming a future Online Marketing Manager.
4) Ideally NOT in central London - I hated my commutes on the tubes... it was a hassle, there are plenty of annoying people, and worst of all the dreaded delays/part suspensions/signal failure/person under a train. Not to mention this summers Olypmics and the drama this would cause especially living 3 stops down from the Olympic stadium on the Jubilee Line and down the road from the O2.
5) At least the same salary as my last job.
So in my penultimate week of the travels, I emailed a recruitment consultant about a job I saw online and we managed to secure a telephone interview on the day I get back! I then had a face-to-face interview with them on Friday which lasted almost 2.5hrs and finally had the last interview yesterday and I've got the job!!
I'm going to be working for Contiki (holidays for 18 - 35's). I'm super excited as it checks off everything on my wishlist up there and the role sounds perfect. I can't believe my luck to be able to secure a job within a week of coming back it's crazy!
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait to start work and get back into it all?!
2012 is definitely a good year.