4.15.2012

My Tailor Made Dress

Yup that's right. A tailor made dress... whoop! I don't think I've ever thought I'd ever have anything tailor made really until I was riding down the streets of Hoi An in Vietnam. There are many dress makers in Vietnam and I thought... lets just pop in and see what happens. I walked out having picked a dress (didn't have time to design my own unfortunately!) having chosen the colour, length and material. It was AWESOME and it was made in 1 day... it's crazy especially with the crimping/fold detail!  I decided to get myself a LBD since I don't really have one and everyone knows they're a wardrobe essential.  I chose a mid length one shoulder black dress, silk inner layer and a chiffon top layer and here it is... and all for a bargainus £20!!! 

I best not grow any bigger in case it doesn't fit! What do you think?





 

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty dress Terri! Love the bodice. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is a very pretty dress! I think I'll have to go get one done whenever visit Vietnam (my fiance is Vietnamese). Also, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier; feel free to follow if you'd like :)

    http://swtiine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This dress is gorgeous! I cannot believe it was made in just one day! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog btw :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! i would love to have a custom made dress!

    thanks so much for the follow! i gladly followed back!

    http://www.gypsiesinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful dress! It is so feminine and lovely! Following your blog!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is sooo pretty! I recently went to a ball, and that dress would have been perfect :)

    http://highstreettalk.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete